Nothing hurts more when your car air conditioner stops working. The sweltering heat can be enough to make anyone go mad and if you re the sort who is always on the go, this can be a major problem. One of the reasons why the AC isn’t working could be that it’s low on refrigerant. These days modern air conditioning systems can be petty complicated. This is why you need to find the right auto electrician in Gold Coast. However, the following maintenance tips would ensure that the AC system works well between maintenance checks.
- If you find a stale smell coming from your car’s interiors it could be attributed to the formation of mould on the air conditioning vents. You can easily get rid of it by spraying the mould remover of the car’s interior air intake. Mould is potentially dangerous especially for those who already suffer from asthma.
- Also make sure that the cabin filter of the car is clean. The air conditioning won’t work properly if there is a great deal of dirt and debris in the filters. Just the way you clean the filters of the AC at home, you need to clean the filters of the car AC as well. Also dirty filters are a breeding ground for bacteria. By breathing in the dirty air you are outing yourself as well your loved ones at risk
- Sometimes the cabin filters are in such a condition that these need to be replaced immediately.
- Also make sure that you take the car for re-gassing. When the car air conditioner is low on refrigerant it may not be cooling the car s efficiently as before. Instead of stretching out the time period, it is essential to take the car for a re-fill checkup. It’s better than waiting out and finding that the car is not getting cool enough and you have to face the sweltering heat.
- Also before you switch on the air conditioner, make sure you roll down all the windows at least half way. This lets out all the warm air. Then witch o the AC at its lowest setting and switch to fresh air. Once this is done, roll up the windows and switch up the air conditioner at a temperature which works for you.
- Doing the above would put the least amount of strain on the air condenser of your car AC. In turn this will put less strain on the car’s engine as well.
However, if you still find the air conditioning of your car acting up, you would need to call in the help of a professional to fix your car air conditioning in Gold Coast. Make sure that you hire someone who is licensed and has the right kind of experience in handling your car kind of vehicles. New cars have a more intricate system which need special care, attention and equipment. Therefore hire the right auto electrician in Gold Coast to handle your car’s air conditioning system.
Be First to Comment