This is rubber fittings used to be fitted to any heavy equipment to insure its stability while on operation. They are most often used in excavators, tractors and other machineries. This is fitted to the machine according the application it is intended. Excavators can be fitted with either a rubber track or a steel track. So its all about your jobsite, application and machine.
Advantages. Rubber track has several advantages compared steel tracks. Here are some of it:
- Rubber tracks are ideal on grass or dirt and will just need a a more aggressive thread patterns to avoid getting stock on wet and muddy surface.
- Rubber tracks are less expensive than steel tracks.
- Ground Damage. I will create less damage in roads and any surface it passes.
- Rubber Tracks create very less noise, compared to its counter part.
- Rubber tracks creates less vibrations, making it possible for faster speed.
- Rubber Tracks offer a more comfort ride to the operator, causing less fatigue.
- We rubber track, vibration is reduced that will lead to longer machinery life and low maintenance cost.
- Ground Pressure. With ground pressure low, it is ideal for soft and wet terrain.
Rubber Tracks against Tyres comparison.
- Rubber tracks are ideal for application where the ground must be less disturb, such as landscaping and working around homes.
- Weight is evenly distributed, causing it to be more stable on soft surface.
- It has superior traction, because it has more contact with the ground.
The next thing we must focus, is how to make the most of our rubber tracks?
To get maximum productivity, we must make the most of the rubber track and at the same time, taking care of it. Most companies designed rubber tracks to be of superior quality, but it all depends on how we use and care for it.
Here are some basic ways to care for your rubber tracks.
- It is essential to maintain the tension of your trucks at all times.
- Always check the under-carriage components of your machine (sprocket,rollers and idlers) for damages. This will affect the performance of the tracks and will cause damage to it.
- Avoid the use of your vehicle on rocky surface and steel edges
- Avoid sharp fast turn and slope side turn
- Avoid large foreign objects from being entangled undercarriage.
- Avoid pressing against hard wall.
- Remove oil from the track, because it will degrade the rubber.
- Must be kept indoors, away from rain and sunlight.
The Rubber Track is a very important component in every machine. It will contribute to the comfort of the operator, longevity of the machine, minimize maintenance expenses, increase productivity and provide ground stability.
In Australia, there are a variety of rubber tracks available in the market. You will have a lot of choices. What is important is to consider the application in which you will use the tracks, the work surface and the budget.